Monday, May 10, 2010

Vayden's Other Mom

My mom was a huge support to me while I was carrying to term. One day she was at my house and we were both having a hard time accepting the news. Through her tears she told me that if Vayden did die, then he would be well taken care of by a woman in Heaven who was not able to have children on earth. To most mothers that would be a bitter saying, but to me it was relief.

I often think of Vayden's other mom, I know she is a loving woman who wanted nothing more on earth but to have children to care for. I know she loves him because she wanted a baby so badly, and because she has never had children she gives him 100 % complete attention. She understands the struggles that come along with having children and she doesn't take one moment with him for granted. I know she tells him all about me, how much I love him and miss him. She often shows him a glimpse of what it's like down here, but because he's so young she's careful not to show him when I cry.


I am often jealous of her, but then thankful that she loves him so much. Knowing he is with her being well taken care of allows me to sleep at night. Knowing that she's honest, humble, and kind, helps me not to cry everyday. Although I don't know her name, or what she looks like. I know one thing, she loves him enough to tell him everyday that I am still his MOM.

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet thought - I never heard that before, but I like it, too.xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie, that's so beautiful xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a sweet thought that I have never thought of before. I am so happy thatyou had a mom to comfort you like that too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the thought of this (although it makes me jealous too!) and if it's true I hope they tell them how much we love and miss them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Research into this brought me to this site. Our baby has too been diagnosed with luto and we are praying and waiting just as you were with Vayden.We were told the kidneys don't function and they can't do anything. I'm so glad you had someone to help comfort you and thank you for the comfort your words have brought to me.

    ReplyDelete